Midwestern Region Conference
- The Midwest Region Conference will feature headline performances by the professional vocal ensemble Kaleidoscope, a showcase of varied ensembles from Nebraska, and a performance of John Rutter’s Gloria on the 50th anniversary of its 1974 world premiere in Omaha.
- Additionally, the conference highlights:
- 15 of the top choirs from across the region
- 25 engaging interest and reading sessions
- 4 honor choirs
- In addition, this conference will host the R3 Choirs, a reference to the conference theme: Reflect, Rejuvenate, Rejoice. These choirs will engage you, the conference goer, in performance! Three of our region’s finest conductors—Aimee Beckmann-Collier, Ann Howard Jones, and Tom Trenney—will lead the entire conference in rehearsals culminating in a gala performance: a chance for all of us to engage with, rather than simply listen to, great choral music with master conductors during the conference.
- Aimee Beckmann-Collier’s R3 Choir will perform choral gems of the modern era
- Ann Howard Jones’s R3 Choir will present masterwork choruses
- Tom Trenney’s R3 Choir will focus on sacred choral repertoire.
Interested in having a booth in the Exhibit Hall at the upcoming MWACDA Conference in Omaha, NE? Sign-up for a booth by clicking the link below.
Your Midwestern Region of ACDA is gearing up for its celebration of choral music this coming February in Omaha, Nebraska! From February 7 to 10, we will gather to reflect on our work in choral music, finding rejuvenation through inspirational performances and speakers, and rejoicing together in song and spirit. The Midwest Region Conference will feature…
The Midwestern Region of ACDA is thrilled to announce the choirs selected for the Regional Conference in Omaha February 7-10, 2024! Congratulations to these programs that epitomize the high level of choral music-making across our region. We look forward to their performances next February!
The 2024 Midwestern ACDA Conference will take place in Omaha, Nebraska!